If you have not used Zoom yet, please download the free program several days before the workshop and become familiar with it. The best way to do this is find a couple of friends with Zoom and set up a chat. Determine where you will place your computer/laptop/tablet/phone in your sewing room so you can see the instructor well and so you can show her or him your work during the day. Figure out how to turn off the video on your device if you have to move it from one location to another during the class. You may also want to turn off your microphone at times, like when the dog is barking to go out.
Registering for a Workshop:
There are two ways to register:
Payment is due within one week of registration. If your workshop has not been paid for within one week of registration and the workshop is full, your space will be given to the first person on the waiting list. Note that the decision to proceed with or cancel a workshop is dependent on the number of paid registrants reaching the minimum number. Instructors need to be informed of this decision 1-3 weeks ahead of the date of the course. The minimum number of spaces required and the maximum number of spaces available for a workshop can be seen in the workshop description.
Workshops are available to non-members, at the non-member rate.
When a workshop is full, we will maintain a waiting list. If there are no spaces left, please click the Join waitlist button to be added to the waiting list.
Paying for your Workshop:
PAYMENT IS DUE WITHIN 7 DAYS OF REGISTRATION
1. Online using PayPal, by logging in to your account on the OVQG website using your email and password.
2. Bank e-transfer or Interac transfer. Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Write the invoice number or the course title in the transfer comments section. A password is not required for these transfers.
3. Cheque. Make it out to OVQG and write the invoice number(s) on the front of the cheque so we can match it to your registration(s). Allow sufficient time for your cheque to be received before the workshop. Mail your cheque to:
Ottawa Valley Quilters Guild - Workshops Coordinator
4 Donna Street,
Ottawa, ON K2G 2V4
Workshops will be cancelled if there is insufficient fully paid registration 14 days before the workshop date. Occasionally, the instructor may be unable to present the workshop and the workshop will be cancelled.
In either case, participants will be notified by phone or email, and issued a refund. Refunds can be done via PayPal or mailed to you upon request.
There are two ways to get the supply list for your workshop:
1. online, by clicking the link in the workshop description
2. email the workshop coordinator and request the list
Supply lists contain reminders on workshop date, supply / kit fees if applicable, times, venue, instructor's contact information, supplies to have on hand, and any preparation required before the class starts.
Please read your supply list carefully to ensure you are fully prepared for your class.Go to the complete list of workshops